Thirty years ago gardening began as a perfect balance to my corporate life on
the mainland. Subsequent experiences ranged from various local garden club
memberships to landscaping my 2 acre property in McLean, Virginia.
In California, horizons (and planting zones) expanded to include
ornamentals in the western states.
Finally on Maui, over two decades ago, Yards & Gardens was born and has grown
into a respected, full service landscape company.
Credentials & Accomplishments
- Co-founder of the Maui Association of Landscape Professionals in
- Graduate of the Master Gardener’s Program.
- ISA Certified Arborist #WE 83366A
- American Society of Landscape Architects - Associate Member #066397
- Certificate in Turf Management
- Kula Community Association Board Member for past 6 years
- Educated at the College of Tropical Agriculture
Giving back to the community is an important part of my life. With a number
of other dedicated Maui landscape professionals – and a lot of wonderful
– I have been a key part of teams that have improved many of Maui’s parks and
Some of the more notable projects I have had the honor to help
coordinate were the refurbishment of Kepaniwai Heritage Gardens in Iao Valley,
the planting of nearly a hundred trees along Hana Highway, renovating various
church grounds and, currently, working with the Hawaii State Department of
Transportation to line the newly widened Haleakala Highway with trees.
Making a beautiful landscape is very satisfying. Making beautiful
landscapes that work for the owner and the environment is even better.
Please contact Pam Gould by phone at (808) 870-8723 or email